MSG ALIASES EXPOSED
Thank you for joining us
The Truth in Labeling Campaign has dedicated a facebook page to sharing information that will allow consumers and medical practitioners to identify the ingredients in infant formula, food, dietary supplements, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, vaccines, and protein drinks and powders that contain neurotoxic processed (manufactured) free glutamic acid (MSG).
We propose a down-to-earth grass roots campaign to provide consumers and medical practitioners with information.
We provide knowledge.
We ask nothing in return.
· Our reward will come when unruly children high on toxic food additives begin to learn as healthy human beings -- and the cost of education decreases accordingly;
· When the consumption of neurotoxic chemicals is cut dramatically, bringing down the cost of health care;
· When obesity is no longer fed by food additives that mess up the endocrine system;
· When MSG is taken out of infant formula and vaccines;
· When our senior citizens are given truly nutritious beverages instead of neurotoxic hydrolyzed protein products;
· When children with undiagnosed seizures are no longer subjected to lobectomies because their doctors haven’t considered the fact that MSG can be a seizure trigger.
The tools are simple.
· The facebook post following this one contains the names of common ingredients that contain processed (manufactured) free glutamic acid (MSG). The same list can be downloaded from our web page: www.truthinlabeling.org/hiddensources_printable.pdf. (Since the food industry continuously develops new ingredients that contain MSG, and the FDA allows them to do so, no list can claim to be all inclusive.)
· The facebook post after that consists of a page of flyers that you, as a consumer, will want to copy, cut, and hang on bulletin boards in your school, church, office, coffee house, grocery store..., take to your local health department, fire station (paramedics), dentist, health care professional, restaurants that you walk by when shopping, and give to friends who are not on facebook. You can ask that any group you belong to publish a flyer in their newsletter, and ask your local newspaper to publish a flyer as a public service announcement. (The Truth in Labeling Campaign is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, tax exempt corporation.) The same flyers are available on our web page at www.truthinlabeling.org/FourCartoonScan.pdf
· Finally (or maybe first), tell each of your facebook friends and fans about our campaign. Send them to our facebook page (MSG Aliases Exposed). Ask them to use the information for their own benefit, pass it on to their facebook friends and fans, and hand out flyers without going out of their way to do so. And if you notice some people on facebook who might not be friends, but would benefit from this information, ask them if they would like this information, too.
· If you are inspired to do more, consider the activities on the posts that follow.
For more information about the toxic effects of processed (manufactured) free glutamic acid (MSG) visit us on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Truth-in-Labeling-Campaign/114093959577 and on our web page at www.truthinlabeling.org.
Names of ingredients that contain MSG
This post contains a list of common ingredients that contain processed (manufactured) free glutamic acid (MSG). Download the list from our web page (www.truthinlabeling.org/hiddensources_printable.pdf).
Names of ingredients that contain processed free glutamic acid (MSG)1
(Last updated February, 2011)
Everyone knows that some people get reactions after eating the food ingredient monosodium glutamate --reactions that include migraine headaches, upset stomach, fuzzy thinking, diarrhea, heart irregularities, asthma, and/or mood swings. What many don’t know, is that more than 40 different ingredients contain the chemical in monosodium glutamate (processed free glutamic acid) that causes these reactions. The following list of ingredients that contain processed free glutamic acid has been compiled over the last 20 years from consumers’ reports of adverse reactions and information provided by manufacturers and food technologists.
Names of ingredients that always contain processed free glutamic acid:
Glutamic acid (E 620)2, Glutamate (E 620)
Monosodium glutamate (E 621)
Monopotassium glutamate (E 622)
Calcium glutamate (E 623)
Monoammonium glutamate (E 624)
Magnesium glutamate (E 625)
Any “hydrolyzed protein”
Calcium caseinate, Sodium caseinate
Yeast food, Yeast nutrient
Soy protein, soy protein concentrate
Soy protein isolate
Whey protein, whey protein concentrate
Whey protein isolate
Names of ingredients that often contain or produce processed free glutamic acid:
Carrageenan (E 407)
Bouillon and broth, Stock
Any “flavors” or “flavoring”
Citric acid, Citrate (E 330)
Pectin (E 440)
Anything “enzyme modified”
Anything containing “enzymes”
Soy sauce extract
Anything “protein fortified”
(1) Glutamic acid found in unadulterated protein does not cause adverse reactions. To cause adverse reactions, the glutamic acid must have been processed/ manufactured or come from protein that has been fermented.
The following are ingredients suspected of containing or creating sufficient processed free glutamic acid to serve as MSG-reaction triggers in HIGHLY SENSITIVE people:
Brown rice syrup
anything Vitamin enriched
(2) E numbers are used in Europe in place of food additive names.
The following work synergistically with MSG to enhance flavor. If they are present for flavoring, so is MSG.
Disodium 5’-guanylate (E 627) Disodium 5’-inosinate (E-631) Disodium 5'-ribonucleotides (E 635)
These are the flyers you will want to copy, cut, and hang on bulletin boards in your school, office, church, coffee house, grocery store..., take to your local health department, fire station (paramedics), dentist, health care professional, restaurants that you walk by when shopping, and give to friends who are not on facebook.
Download copies (4 to a page) from our web page (www.truthinlabeling.org/FourCartoonScan.pdf).
The Truth -- the Whole Truth -- about MSG
MSG can be found in cosmetics, dietary supplements,
protein drinks, pharmaceuticals, vaccines, pet food, and
food. Friends of the Truth in Labeling Campaign would like
to share the names of those ingredients with you.
We invite you to visit us at www.truthinlabeling.org, send
e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (858-481-9333).
For more information
Names of ingredients that contain MSG have been compiled from information in food encyclopedias and published articles; from reports of chemists, physicians, and food technologists; and from individual consumers who found that by avoiding all sources of MSG, their adverse reactions abated.
For those who would like information about the Truth in Labeling Campaign and/or the toxic effects of processed (manufactured) free glutamic acid (MSG), visit us on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Truth-in-Labeling-Campaign/114093959577 and on our web page (www.truthinlabeling.org).
The Word-A-Week diet
For those who would like to cut down on the amount of MSG they consume, and feel they cannot switch over to buying almost everything fresh and almost nothing processed, we recommend the Word-A-Week diet. We recommend purchasing nothing with autolyzed yeast or autolyzed yeast extract for one week. Get used to looking for products without autolyzed yeast and autolyzed yeast extract. Then add a second ingredient, natural flavoring, and for another week, buy nothing that contains either ingredient. In the third week, add anything “hydrolyzed” to your list of ingredients to avoid. By cutting out natural flavoring, autolyzed yeast, and any ingredient that contains the word “hydrolyzed”, you will have gone a long way to eliminating the MSG from your diet, and will have eliminated a great deal of processed food that contains acid hydrolyzed protein – which is carcinogenic.
Suggestions for sharing
We value your suggestions.